MID-ATLANTIC BLOODHOUND RESCUE
I, ___________________________, the undersigned (hereinafter referred to as ADOPTER), agree to the conditions set forth by the Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue (hereinafter referred to as Agent) in this agreement for the adoption of the dog known as ____________________________, described as _______ year(s) old, _______ (gender), ______ colored, bloodhound (hereinafter referred to as Bloodhound).
The ADOPTER agrees to provide adequate shelter, food and all necessary medical care, and further agrees that the rescued Bloodhound will not be allowed to run free without direct and proper supervision. Failure to do so will require that the Bloodhound be surrendered to the MABR Agent.
As of _______________ (date), the ADOPTER, as the new owner accepts the responsibility for the actions and behaviors of the above-described dog, releasing previous owners and/or agents from all liability, and acknowledges and agrees to the following conditions of adoption:
.The Bloodhound must be given adequate time to adjust to it's new surroundings and it's new owners.
.The MABR Agent will be contacted immediately for assistance and/or counseling if any problem
.If for any reason, the adoption is not found to be satisfactory for the Bloodhound and/or ADOPTER, the Bloodhound must be returned to the MABR Agent.
.The ADOPTER may not sell or give the Bloodhound away to anyone else.
.Periodic follow-up telephone calls will be made by the Agent to be assured of compliance to all terms of the agreement.
.The Agent reserves the right to inspect the condition and care of the Bloodhound at any future date and reserves the right to confiscate said Bloodhound if neglected or otherwise improperly cared for. No refund of any adoption fee will be made for the returned or confiscated Bloodhounds.
The adoption fee is $_________. This fee is used to cover rescue expenses, including foster care cost, and veterinary bills incurred by Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue. The rescued Bloodhound has been examined by a veterinarian, received a heartworm test, and where indicated, received any necessary inoculations, had a stool check and been dewormed as necessary. All rescue bloodhounds are spayed or neutered, if of age to have such procedures performed, before placement in the ADOPTER'S home.
The Agent will provide all documents pertaining to the Bloodhound, including registration papers, or per recording papers and any veterinarian records, to the ADOPTER.
Additional information about the Bloodhound:
MID-ATLANTIC BLOODHOUND RESCUE
Specifically, the ADOPTER agrees to:
1. Provide proper and sufficient food, water, shelter and kind treatment for the bloodhound at all times.
2. Have the bloodhound immunized and examined annually, at my expense.
3. Keep the bloodhound current on heartworm preventative.
4. License the bloodhound in the city or the town in which the ADOPTER resides.
5. Have the bloodhound spayed or neutered, if immature at the time of adoption. The ADOPTER
understands that failure to do so will result in the forfeiture of deposit and, upon demand, return of the bloodhound to the Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue Agent.
6. Not sell or abandon the bloodhound.
7. Return the bloodhound to the Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue Agent if for any reason the adoption is found to be unsatisfactory.
8. Allow periodic inspections of the bloodhound, the ADOPTER'S residence and the living conditions provided for the bloodhound by the Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue Agent.
9. Inform the Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue Agent of any address and/or telephone number change.
10. Not allow the bloodhound to be used for the purpose of vivisection or experimentation.
11. Not permit the bloodhound to run at large or to become a public nuisance.
12. Keep means of identification on the bloodhound at all times.
13. Immediately retrieve the bloodhound from any public pound or animal shelter when notified the
bloodhound is being held at such location.
14. Notify Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue Agent immediately if the bloodhound is lost, stolen or dies.
15. Provided suitable confinement for the bloodhound. Under no circumstances is the animal to be
routinely tethered as a means of confinement.
16. Keep the animal protected on a leash when outside proper confinement.
17. Arrange for the suitable care if the owner will be on a prolonged absence from the home.
18. Assert no claim, charge or demand of any kind against Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue or it's
Agent for any expenses that have been incurred by the ADOPTER, including veterinary fees, in
connection with the animal.
19. Accept sole responsibility for any illness or injury occurring after adoption.
20. Accept this bloodhound as is, assume all risk of ownership of the bloodhound, including risk of injury or damage caused by the bloodhound, including bites.
I FULLY AND COMPLETELY RELEASE MID-ATLANTIC BLOODHOUND RESCUE AND IT'S AGENTS HARMLESS FROM ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION OR DEMAND OF ANY SORT OR NATURE AS A RESULT OF MY ADOPTION, OWNERSHIP, CARE, MAINTENANCE OR RETENTION OF THE BLOODHOUND.
I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE READ AND FULLY UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE FOREGOING ADOPTION AGREEMENT AND THAT I WILL COMPLY WITH THE SAME.
Back to Mid-Atlantic Bloodhound Rescue
SouthEast Rescue | SouthWest Rescue | SouthCentral Rescue
NorthWest Rescue | NorthEast Rescue | ATHFAR Rescue