- The SouthCentral Bloodhound Rescue Committee
was formed in order to provide
shelter, veterinary care, and love to homeless bloodhounds until a permanent home
could be found. We also work to educate the public about our breed and the responsi-
bilities involved in owning a bloodhound. Our members include people actively involved
in search and rescue, trailing, and bloodhound breeders, fanciers, and pet owners in
- Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Louisiana, Arkansas,
Colorado, and New Mexico.
- Our dogs come to us from shelters and
humane societies as well as individuals and families who can no longer keep their
bloodhound(s). All bloodhounds entering our program are evaluated for health and
temperament. All dogs are spayed and neutered and receive all
vaccinations before entering our rescue facility.
- All of our dogs are tested for heartworm before they are
available for placement.
- All our dogs are placed in prospective homes on a trial
- If at the end of the trial period things seem to be
satisfactory for the dog and the new owners, then all health certificates will be
sent to the new owner. If for whatever reason the
- owner or the rescue committee determines that this is not a
- the dog will be returned to the rescue committee.
SOUTHCENTRAL BLOODHOUND RESCUE -
FastCounter by bCentral
For a SouthCentral Bloodhound
Rescue Adoption Application,
please email one of the above contacts.
Available For Adoption
SouthCentral Bloodhound Rescue
SouthEast Rescue | SouthWest Rescue | SouthCentral Rescue
Mid-Atlantic Rescue | NorthEast Rescue | PRB Rescue Committee
Midwest Bloodhound Rescue | Athfar Bloodhound Rescue